Monday, May 23, 2011

The "sweet little church lady"...

I'm not one to complain (at least not to the general public) but sometimes I wonder "what is WRONG with some people"!!!!!???? Let me back up a bit...I grew up in a sweet small country church. I attended this church for over 20 years of my life. It's been several years since I last visited but my momma (who still goes there) invited me, Jeremy, and JT to family day. We went and were enjoying seeing some old friends. Then it happened. A lady came up to me and said...and I quote..."your looks sure have changed, you've gotten fat, that's a compliment". UMMM...NOOOO it's not! I didn't know what to say to this little old church lady...so I just smiled...it's the first time someone has called me fat (directly to me, anyway)...it hurt my feelings so badly, but I guess she was just being honest :) Gotta love those "sweet little church ladies"!

No comments: